If you are a hardcore game lover and looking for the best cheap gaming laptops, So here this blog is going to sharp your decision, Gone are the days when you had to shell out thousands of dollars for a proper gaming gadget. Thanks to smaller chips and lighter hardware, you can now buy a gaming power house for a grand or less. Not sure where to begin? Don’t sweat it. Whether you’re into mind-boggling puzzlers or first-person shooters, we’ve got you covered.
Below are the best cheap gaming laptop deals we’ve seen recently for a range of budgets. Expect some big changes in laptop deals in late 2020, as AMD’s Ryzen 4000 CPUs make big waves and new graphics cards from both NVIDIA and AMD shake things up.
Best budget gaming laptops deal
HP Pavilion | 15.6″ 60Hz | Core i5-9300H | GTX 1650 | $589
Gaming laptops with dedicated graphics cards don’t get much cheaper than this. Despite its low price, the GTX 1650 in this laptop is still enough to play many newer games at the native 1080p resolution/60FP
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 | 15.6 120Hz | Ryzen 7-4800H | GTX 1650 Ti | $749.99
If you absolutely can’t spend the extra $450 for the below Gateway laptop, this model from Lenovo is a decent entry-level option. It has a large 15.6-inch 120Hz screen, Ryzen CPU, and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card.
Gateway Creator Series | 15.6″ 120Hz | Core i5-10300H | RTX 2060 | $850
This is a great price for a laptop with a 10th-gen Core i5 processor and Nvidia RTX 2060 graphics card. You might have to upgrade the 256 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM later on, but the base hardware is impressive
Acer Predator Helios 300 | 15.6″ 144Hz | Core i7-10750H | RTX 2060 | $1,249
Here’s another option for an RTX 2060 gaming laptop. This one has a 144Hz 1080p screen, an Intel Core i7 CPU, and 16 GB RAM to sweeten the deal and to complete your search for a budget gaming laptop.
MSI Alpha 15 | 15.6″ 144 Hz | Ryzen 7 4800H | RX 5600M | $1,199
This mid-range Ryzen gaming laptop is a great value, with its 8-core/16-thread CPU, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 15.6-inch 144Hz screen, and RX 5600M graphics card.
Razer Blade 15 | 15.6″ 144Hz | Core i7-10750H | RTX 2060 | $1,500
As a matter of fact, razer’s laptops always demand a premium compared to other gaming laptop, but if you really want a thin Razer gaming laptop, this model is a decent deal for your budget gaming laptop.
The best cheap gaming laptops
1. Acer Nitro 5
- Processor: Intel Core i5-9300H processor, turbo up to 4.10 GHz
- Storage: 1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD
- Display: 15.6″ IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, Full HD 1920 x 1080, Acer Comfy View LED-backlit TFT LCD
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4 Ram
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of Dedicated GDDR5 VRAM Graphics
REASON TO BUY
- User controllable fans
- Good battery life
- Decent gaming performance for price
- A competent laptop for budget gamers.
The Acer Nitro 5 is squarely aimed at the portable PC gamer who doesn’t need every bell and whistle on their machine and might not be able to afford them even if they did. Still, it packs some quality hardware under the hood with specs ranging from the Core i5-10300H GTX 1650 variant, all the way to machines with a Core i7-9750H and RTX 2060 inside. The design has a rather generic gaming laptop aesthetic, however, and the bezel on the display is definitely on the thicker side. Cheap gaming laptops don’t generally tend to feature bezel-less designs though, unlike similarly priced Ultrabooks.
2. Dell G3 15
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H processor, 2.2GHz base processor speed
- Operating System: Preloaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD (1920×1080) display
- Memory & Storage: 16 GB DDR4 RAM with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB graphics | Storage: 1 TB HDD
- Design & battery: Laptop weight: 2.5 kg
- Preinstalled Software: Windows 10 Home, MS Office Home & Student 2016 | In the box: Laptop with included battery, AC Adapter
- Ports & CD drive: 3 USB 3.0, 1 HDMI, 2 audio-out
REASON TO BUY
- performer for the money
- Great performer for the money
- Budget gaming in style
If you’re looking to save some cash on your next gaming laptop, the Dell G3 15 will provide a competent gaming experience while costing much less than the competition. The laptop comes equipped with more than serviceable Nvidia graphics behind a fine, 1080p display, almost betraying its awfully affordable price point. Just don’t expect an overly fancy design or aesthetic – these come with a plastic chassis. For cheap gaming laptops, the G3 range offers a variety of different builds and specs, so it’s worth checking out different configurations before you settle.
- 2.40 GHz Intel Core i5-9300H 9th Gen processor
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM
- 512 GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6-inch IPS level screen, GTX 1650 MAX Q 4 GB Graphics
- 1.86Kg Laptop
REASON TO BUY
- Sharp, colorful bezel-less display
- Very affordable
- Brushed aluminum top
- Premium specs in a thin profile at an affordable price point
The MSI G563 Thin is one of the cheap gaming laptops to beat, alongside the Nitro 5 and Legion 5. It generally sits comfortably in the lower price brackets alongside its aft mentioned competitors but somehow manages to pack everything into an attractive, part metal chassis – a rarity at this price point. Specs are around the ballpark you’d expect with an entry-level machine – starting at a 9th Gen Intel Core i5 CPU and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650, 8 GB of RAM and a 256 GB SSD. MSI state this design has thin bezels, although don’t expect too much with the display on the baseline model – it’s still got a chunky bottom bezel and runs at a fairly pedestrian 60Hz.
4. Dell G5 15
- Lead the pack with an elegant sleek design that keeps heads turning
- An innovative Dual-fan cooling System with an advanced thermal design ensures that your system stays cool as the action heats up
- 15. 6-Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED backlight Non-Touch narrow Border IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750h (12 MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 Cores)
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM.
REASON TO BUY
- Multiple configurations
- Solid graphics performance
- Dell’s mid-range competitor
- but 60Hz refresh rate on baseline model
The Dell G5 15 is Dell’s shot at providing a slightly more up-market gaming laptop versus the entry-level G3 15. That said, the baseline models barely retail for more than the G3 so it really comes down to personal taste which one you go for if you’re on a budget. The G5 15’s do have a higher potential spec, however, and you’ll also be getting a 120Hz to 144Hz display on the more expensive configurations, albeit in a slightly bulkier and still fully plastic chassis. Note – The listed specs here are for the standard Intel equipped machine, although there is also a special edition featuring exclusively AMD components.
5. ASUS TUF A15
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Processor 2.9 GHz (8 MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz, 8 Cores, 16 Threads)
- Memory & Storage: 8 GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Upgradeable up to 32 GB using 2x SO-DIMM Slot with | Storage: 1 TB 5400RPM 2.5-inch SATA HDD + 256 GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD
- Graphics: Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti GDDR6 4 GB VRAM
- Display: 15.6-inch (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920×1080) 144Hz Refresh Rate, Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel with 45% NTSC and Adaptive Sync Technology
- Operating System: Preloaded Windows 10 Home (64bit) with lifetime validity.
- Design & battery: Nano Edge bezels | Bonfire Black design accented with crimson stripe | Laptop Weight: 2.30 Kg | 48WHrs, 3-cell Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Cooling System: Dual-Fan Design | Self-Cleaning Cooling | Operating Modes to Optimize Cooling.
REASON TO BUY
- The cheapest RTX laptops+
- New AMD processors
- High-end specs at mid-range prices
One of the shining lights in the mid-range budget gaming laptop market is the ASUS TUF A15, which debuted earlier this year complete with the latest 4000 series AMD Ryzen processors. It’s pretty chunky and features a fairly wonderful aesthetic that’s decidedly budget in outlook in our opinion, but we can’t argue with the level of specs on offer for the money here. It’s currently one of the cheapest ways to pick up a RTX 2060 equipped laptop, which retails for around $999, although you can opt for a baseline version that packs a GTX 1660Ti and goes for around $850. Overall you should expect excellent performance for the money here, although the cooling could be a little better as this laptop runs fairly hot and the fans are quite loud but this much can be tolerated.
The bottom line
Luckily for gamers on a budget, gaming laptop deals tend to be a weekly feature over at most of the big retailers so there’s always plenty to chose from. That said, there are definitely high points throughout the year, namely big sales events such as Black Friday Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day which can yield great results for those willing to wait.
Our top tip – do your research. Narrow down which model and specs you want and check-in at your favorite retailers each week. Alternatively. Generally speaking, the most reliable retailers that have plenty of options and the best prices are Best Buy and Amazon, although Dell and HP often have great sales on Holiday events like Black Friday. Go and explore such opportunities.