Among all the smart speakers with cool control functions, Alexa is probably the most popular. I’m pretty sure most of you guys not only have heard of Alexa but also own it. In this article, ill be sharing some of the Cool Alexa Voice Commands you guys can use for your device.
What is Alexa Voice Command?
An Alexa voice command is like a voice interaction between the user and the device; in simple words, You can tell this device what to do for you.
Now here comes the cool part; with voice commands, you can order Alexa to do several functions such as setting alarms, answering your questions, playing music, providing weather forecasts, news, and whatnot.
Sounds pretty convenient, especially for busy people, I must say.
How to give voice commands to Alexa?
To say cool Alexa voice commands first, you need to summon Alexa by simply saying “Alexa’. You can also change this summoning word in settings.
When the device activates, you can give it some common commands like ‘play music,’ ‘open google,’ etc.
A feature called follow-up mode allows you to give multiple commands when you activate it in the settings. And when you’re done, you can say ‘stop.’
You can also customize the cool alexa voice commands however you like and even create a routine.
You can also connect Alexa to different appliances in your home to control them.
List of Cool Alexa Voice Commands
Many of you folks may be familiar with some basic commands, but Alexa can do many more cool things. Let me have the honor to list down a few:
1. Fundamental Commands
Let’s start with some basic commands in case you’re not familiar with them. These commands are built-in so that they will trigger without any customization on your part.
All you have to say is the command to trigger it:
- “Alexa, stop” will stop or pause any activity it performs, such as songs, videos, etc.
- “Alexa, help.” will enable Alexa to call for help if the device is connected to your phone.
- “Alexa, mute” or, “Alexa, unmute.” Commands will mute and unmute the audio that is being played currently.
- “Alexa, louder,” Or “Alexa, set the volume to 20” would set the volume however you want it.
2. Alexa Holidays Commands
With these commands, you can ask Alexa about the holidays worldwide and ask for further information regarding them. You can also ask Alexa to provide a list of the best holiday movies and whatnot.
- “Alexa, what holiday is it today?”
- “Alexa, why do we celebrate Christmas?”
- “Alexa, what’s the most celebrated holiday around the world?”
- “Alexa, sing a Christmas carol.”
3. Alexa Voice commands for Weather and news
You can easily check the weather forecast by simply asking Alexa for it. This was you wouldn’t have to search about the weather while you drive or during your chores.
News about the current events is also only a command away with Alexa as your guide.
- “Alexa, what are the headlines?”
- “Alexa, what’s the weather today?”
- “Alexa, will it rain tomorrow?”
4. Corona Virus Commands
With the coronavirus outbreak, it is a given that everyone is curious about the virus. Alexa can help you understand the virus and will provide the latest information about the said virus.
You can also ask Alexa any coronavirus question.
- “Alexa, what is coronavirus?”
- “Alexa, what’s the latest update about coronavirus?”
- “Alexa, How many corona cases are there?”
- “Alexa, does coronavirus have a cure?”
5. Web search
Sometimes you’re so tired from work that even doing a simple task like searching on the web feels like a marathon run.
Worry not; Alexa can help you search whenever you require it just by a simple command.
- “Alexa, what are the best movies of 2020.”
- “Alexa, search for information about drug abuse?”
- “Alexa, search the internet for the best recipes with potato.”
Why go to setting to set up a Bluetooth device when Alexa can easily do it for you? Just relax and ask Alexa to set up or connect to the devices you want easily.
- “Alexa, connect to my phone.”
- “Alexa, disconnect from my tv.”
- “Alexa, pair.”
7. Alexa with Skills App
Oh, here comes one of my favorites, the Alexa skill app. Alexa skill app basically allows you to use Alexa more efficiently.
You select a skill from the Skill store to download it, and then Alexa will use them to play games, songs, order food, and much more.
- “Alexa, order a deluxe pizza from Dominos.”
- ”Alexa, open Earplay.”
- ”Alexa, disable Jeopardy.”
8. Smart Home
I believe the smart home is one of the best features of Alexa because, with this, we can literally access anything in our home as long as it meets the requirements.
You’re ready to sleep, but the button of light is too far away from your cozy bed? Don’t worry, Alexa smart home feature got you covered.
- “Alexa, turn off the lights.”
- “Alexa, lock my back door.”
- “Alexa, turn on Netflix.”
9. Time and date
With Alexa, you can easily turn on and off the million alarms you’ve set for the morning. I especially like turning off command because my sleep-deprived brain feels the need to chuck my phone away early in the morning.
Aside from this, you can also schedule the alarm, set a timer, and check the current time.
- ”Alexa, cancel my alarm for 4 a.m.”
- “Alexa set a pizza timer for 15 minutes.”
- “Alexa set a repeating alarm for every Monday at 7 a.m.”
10. Alexa voice commands for Notifications
Alexa got you all covered when it comes to your notification status. With this busy life, it’s not always possible to keep up with your notifications, but Alexa is absolutely a good help in keeping track of them.
- “Alexa, read my notifications.”
- “Alexa, delete all of my notifications.”
11. Profile and accounts
You can also keep track of your user accounts and profile through Alexa. What’s more, is that you can easily switch between accounts when working.
- “Alexa, switch accounts.”
- “Alexa, what profile is this.”
12. Calls and messages
Making calls and sending messages has become much easier with Alexa. Alexa can also type in the message as you read it aloud. Finally, my thumb can rest!
- “Alexa, tell everyone good night.”
- “Alexa, message John.”
- “Alexa, play messages.”
13. Alexa Voice cast
This feature allows you to link your Alexa with your Fire tablet to ask Alexa information to your and others fire tablet.
- “Alexa, send that to my Fire tablet.”
- “Show this on Sarah’s Fire.”
14. To-do list
Alexa comes in handy when you can command the device to edit your to-do list or ask about your schedule, as busy life has made it easier to forget important things.
- “Alexa, what’s on my calendar for tomorrow?”
- “Alexa, move my meeting from 11 to 2.”
- “Alexa, remind me to check the oven in 10 minutes.”
You can find information about your favorite singer or the latest marvel release so that you can go and cry in the cinema about it. You can also ask all questions regarding your favorite celebrities and also play music or videos.
- “Alexa, tell me who dies in Avengers Endgame?” (that was brutal)
- “Alexa, what action movies are playing tonight?”
- “Alexa, what’s popular from BTS?”
16. Cool Alexa voice commands with Echo show
Echo show allows us to make calls and message our friends and family through Alexa. You can also make video calls through this device.
- “Alexa, call John through echo show.”
- “Alexa, message Anne with echo show.”
17. Media control
- Alexa, play some music.”
- “Alexa, play a song by Selena Gomez.”
- “Alexa, thumbs down.”
- “Alexa, give me my Sports Update.”
- “Alexa, what are the MLB standings?”
- ”Alexa, did the Manchester United win?”
19. Fire TV Stick and Fire TV
- “Alexa, search for The Ring on Fire TV.”
- “Alexa, show me titles with Chris Evans on Fire TV.”
- “Alexa, pause on Fire TV.”
20. The Mighty Smart Feature
The best feature about Alexa is….drum rolls…. Helping students with their homework and assignments.
Alexa is your best friend if you’re a student because now you can do your assignments, calculations and even lighten up your mood with Alexa jokes.
- ”Alexa, what’s 5 plus 7?”
- “Alexa, 70 factorial.”
- ”Alexa, how many centimeters are in a meter?”
Definitions and Spellings
- “Alexa, what’s the definition of literature?”
- “Alexa, how do you spell enthusiastically?”
- “Alexa, pick a number between 1 and 50.”
- “Alexa, flip a coin.”
Need a good laugh? Say no more as Alexa is here to make your day. Alexa Easter eggs jokes are one of a kind.
- Alexa, surely you can’t be serious?
- Alexa, you talkin’ to me?
- Alexa, what is your quest?
21. Shopping and purchasing
- “Alexa, add eggs to my shopping list.”
- “Alexa, read my shopping list.”
22. Alexa voice commands for Recipes
- “Alexa, what’s the recipe for a pepperoni pizza?”
- “Alexa, how to back a chocolate cake?”
- ”Alexa, find the address for Bank of America.”
- “Alexa, find business hours for Harris Teeter.”
There is no denying that Alexa is one of the best smart speakers out there to help you get by daily life much more easily and efficiently. Cool Alexa voice commands listed here are a must-know command for all users out there as they will help enrich your Alexa experience.
Who wouldn’t love to get their work done easily and in a more fun way with Alexa commands?
Have fun experimenting around with your Alexa through these commands!